Emergency and crisis organization
You can master even emergencies with the right organization and equipment.
Crisis comes unannounced
Emergency and crisis situations are part of a company's everyday life, for example
- Cyber attacks or ransomware attacks.
- Incidents related to buildings, premises or infrastructure.
- Incidents related to occupational health & safety.
- Incidents related to environmental / health protection.
- Information security and data protection incidents.
- Communication and reputation incidents.
An emergency / crisis organization helps to reduce small and large-scale disruptions as effectively as possible.
Steps to your emergency and crisis management
We jointly lay the basis for your medium- and long-term emergency / crisis strategy by finding answers to the following questions:
- How are emergencies and crises defined and what are the criteria?
- Which areas / topics of emergencies and crises are considered in which stages?
- What existing management systems and preventive measures must emergency and crisis management be interlinked with?
- Which objectives are to be achieved with which approach?
- What is the time schedule and implementation plan?
StrategySetting the medium and long-term direction
To manage an emergency / crisis, you need an interdisciplinary team and properly working processes. In particular, the following points must be defined for emergency / crisis management:
- Definition of responsibilities for emergency / crisis management.
- Definition of the relevant special organizations for emergency / crisis management (permanent & case-by-case team members).
- Design of the global process for emergency / crisis management.
- Development of possible detailed versions of the process for specific emergency / crisis scenarios.
Having the right equipment makes it easier to handle an emergency or crisis. This involves both documents and equipment for handling per se as well as equipment for the foreseeable "typical" scenarios.
By putting together the right set of necessary materials, we reduce unnecessary expense for your company. This includes:
- Emergency-ready documentation and templates.
- Rooms and communication equipment.
- Technology and moderation equipment.
- Recovery plans for relevant systems.
A recipe must first be cooked to test and refine the result. In exactly the same way, instructions relating to emergency and crisis management must be reviewed and practiced regularly, since practical cases of emergencies or crises fortunately occur only rarely:
- Brief the emergency and crisis team on documents and procedures.
- Plan briefings as a whole team, as well as with relevant specialists.
- Conducting technical tests.
- Alerting exercises of the core team, as well as the extended teams.
- Simulation of a specific situation in an emergency drill.
Do you want to be prepared for an emergency?
Why establish emergency and crisis management?
The establishment of an emergency / crisis management does not prevent the occurrence of the disruption, but it helps very well to master the situation professionally, quickly and, if possible, without collateral damage due to hectic actionism.
Therefore, numerous organizations not only have legal requirements to establish an emergency / crisis management, but also a vital self-interest to prepare for such exceptional situations to ensure business continuity in the event of a crisis situation.